The Intelligence Bureau (IB) under the Ministry of Home Affairs, has Invited an Online Application Form Post of Junior Intelligence Officers (JIO) for the year 2023 (IB Recruitment 2023).
Interested Candidates will get detailed information about this recruitment here, like Eligibility Criteria, Online Application process, Exam syllabus, Centers, www.mha.gov.in recruitment 2023, etc. The last date to apply online is 23-06-2023.
Candidates fulfilling the specified eligibility criteria for the post may apply ONLINE through MHA’s website (www.mha.gov.in) or the NCS portal (www.ncs.gov.in) only.
IB Recruitment 2023: Basic Details
Table of Contents
|The Intelligence Bureau (IB)
|Name Of Post
|JUNIOR INTELLIGENCE OFFICER GRADE – II
|Number Of Vacancies
|Examination Fee: Rs. 50/- & Recruitment Processing Charges: Rs.
|Level 4 (Rs.25,500-81,100) (Plus admissible Central
|Application Starting Date
|3rd June 2023
|Application Closing Date
|23 June 2023
|Diploma in Engineering, B.Sc
Intelligence Bureau Recruitment 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma in Engineering in the fields of Electronics or Electronics & Telecommunication or Electronics & Communication or Electrical & Electronics or Information Technology or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Computer Applications from a Government recognized University/Institute. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Electronics or Computer Science or Physics or Mathematics from a Government recognized University/Institute. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Applications from a Government recognized University/Institute.
Candidates age should be Between 18-27 years
Reservation and Relaxation:
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and by 3 years for OBC candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for departmental candidates up to 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular & continuous service. This relaxation is applicable only to Central Govt. Civilian employees holding civil posts & not applicable to personnel working in PSUs, Autonomous/Statutory bodies, etc
IB Junior Intelligence Officers Recruitment 2023
The preparation Process will be as per the Exam pattern and syllabus.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
There will be a Three Layer (Tire) Exam for IB JIO Recruitment 2023.
- Tire I: Online exam of objective type MCQs (100 questions & 100 Marks) for 2 hrs duration based on General Mental Ability (25%) & Combination of subjects as per essential qualifications (75%). There will be a negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
- Tire II: Skill Test for 30 Marks– It would be practical-based and technical in nature commensurate with the job profile.
- Tire III: Interview/Personality Test for 20 Marks.
Recommended Study Materials:
Look for Various books on Amazon and Flipkart based on the latest syllabus for IB Recruitment 2023. You may follow R. Gupta’s book on IB Recruitment 2023.
Joining Coaching Institutes (optional):
You can join various Online and Offline coaching institutions for IB Junior Intelligence Officers Recruitment 2023.
IB Recruitment 2023
Submitting an Application/ Application Process
Online Application Process:
- Applications should be submitted only through ONLINE registration by logging on to MHA’s website (www.mha.gov.in) or NCS portal (www.ncs.gov.in) only. Applications will NOT be accepted through any other mode.
- Submission of Online Application Fee through Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking/ UPI etc. (Payment of Application Fee through SBI EPAY LITE payment Gateway) only.
- Candidates should have a valid personal E-Mail ID and mobile number. It should be kept active during the entire recruitment process. The application sequence number, password, and all other important communication/alerts will be sent on the same registered E-Mail ID (please ensure that email sent to this mailbox is not redirected to your junk/spam folder).
- Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in the online application form. YOU CAN EDIT THE INFORMATION BEFORE SUBMISSION OF STEP-I and STEP-II. Once the form is submitted, it can’t be edited.
Candidates may raise technical queries relating to the filling up of ONLINE APPLICATION in the Helpdesk Tab available on the application portal after login or contact the helpdesk at Phone No: +91-9986640811 [1000 hrs to 1800 hrs / Monday to Saturday]
Offline Application Process:
There will be no Offline Application process for this IB Recruitment 2023.
Required Documents and Certificates:
Candidates are advised to keep ready the following documents (which are applicable) before applying online.
i. Matric/Secondary School certificate or equivalent showing name and date of birth,
ii. Intermediate/Higher Secondary (12th) certificate or equivalent, if acquired,
iii. Degree/Diploma or Provisional degree/diploma as mentioned in the essential qualification column in the relevant field and mark sheet of graduation from a recognized university, if acquired,
iv. OBC certificate, if applicable, from the competent authority in prescribed proforma, as explained in para 11 (K) above,
v. EWS certificate, if applicable,
vi. SC/ST certificate, if applicable,
vii. NOC from the present employer, if applicable,
viii. Sufficient number of photographs, identical to the one uploaded,&
ix. Certificate/document issued from the competent authority in support of age relaxation, if applicable. (NOC/Ex-servicemen discharge certificate/certificate of victims of riots of Gujarat/ Sikh riots of 1984/ Widow/Divorcee certificate, Meritorious sportsperson, etc.)
IB Junior Intelligence Officers Recruitment 2023
Admit Cards and Exam Dates: Will be notified letter via SMS or Email of the candidates.
Downloading Admit Cards: Candidates are advised to check the Official Website of IB (MHA) Govt. of India for updates. Always be aware of fake and fraudulent websites.
Checking Exam Dates and Centers: Details of Exam Centres All over India.
Please note that: Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination center.
IB Recruitment 2023
Cracking the Written Examination: General Tips
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus of the specific government job you are targeting. Understand the sections, marks distribution, and time allocation for each section.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a comprehensive study plan that covers all the topics and sections of the exam. Allocate specific time slots for each subject, and make sure to include regular revisions.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials, such as textbooks, previous years’ question papers, and online resources. Make use of reliable study materials to enhance your preparation.
- Time Management: Practice time management while solving sample papers and mock tests. Allocate specific time limits for each section and try to solve questions within that timeframe. This will help you become more efficient during the actual exam.
- Improve Reading Comprehension: Enhance your reading speed and comprehension skills by practicing reading newspapers, articles, and other relevant materials. This will help you quickly understand and analyze the questions during the exam.
- Solve Previous Years’ Question Papers: Solve previous years’ question papers to get acquainted with the exam format and understand the type of questions asked. This will also help you identify the important topics and focus on them during your preparation.
- Mock Tests and Practice Papers: Take regular mock tests and solve practice papers to evaluate your preparation level. Analyze your performance, identify weak areas, and work on improving them.
- Develop Problem-Solving Skills: Develop your problem-solving skills by practicing mathematical problems, logical reasoning, and analytical questions. Focus on understanding the concepts and applying different problem-solving techniques.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay updated with current affairs, both national and international. Read newspapers, watch news channels, and follow reliable online sources to stay informed about the latest events, government policies, and other relevant information.
- Revision: Regularly revise the topics you have studied to retain the information. Create summary notes or flashcards to review important concepts, formulas, and key points.
- Stay Calm and Positive: Maintain a positive mindset and stay calm during the exam. Manage exam-related stress by practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing exercises.
- Time Allocation in the Exam: During the exam, allocate time wisely to different sections according to your strengths and weaknesses. Answer the easier questions first and then move on to the more challenging ones.
- Avoid Guesswork: Avoid blind guessing in multiple-choice questions. Instead, use the process of elimination to narrow down your options and make an educated guess if necessary.
- Maintain Speed and Accuracy: Work on improving your speed while maintaining accuracy. Regular practice will help you strike a balance between speed and accuracy, ensuring you answer more questions correctly within the given time.
Remember, cracking government job exams requires consistent effort, dedication, and thorough preparation. Good luck with your preparations!
IB Junior Intelligence Officers Recruitment 2023
Result and Selection Process, Merit Lists and Cutoff Scores & Final Selection and Appointment Procedures:
a) The candidate has to appear in Tier-I at one of the centers allotted to him/her out of his/her choice of five cities. There will be a negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer. No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question. The questions marked as “Mark for Review” by the candidates will not be considered for evaluation.
b) In order to achieve qualitative selection & recruit the best available talent, there would be cut-off marks (out of 100) in Tier-I exam as under: UR-35, OBC-34, SC/ST-33 & EWS-35 (all Ex-servicemen would be treated in their own category viz., UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWS)
c) On the basis of their performance & normalization of marks in the Tier-I exam, candidates would be shortlisted for Skill tests and Personal Interviews at 5 times the number of vacancies, subject to the candidate scoring the minimum cut-off.
d) However, the cut-off for the Tier-I exams in different categories may go higher depending on the marks obtained by candidates and the number of vacancies. Similarly, the criteria of 5 times the number of vacancies may also remain restricted due to said cut-off in Tier-I.
e) On the basis of combined performance in Tier-I, Tier-II, and Tier-III exams, a final merit list of 797 candidates for the post of JIO-II/Tech will be prepared.
f) The final selection to the posts would be further subject to successful completion of Character & Antecedent verification followed by medical examination, etc.
g) The date, time & center of Tier-II & Tier-III would be intimated to the successful candidates through E-Mail given by them in the online application. h) Tier-II & Tier-III exams may or may not be conducted at all cities mentioned in Para 3 above.
The department reserves the right to conduct Tier-II & Tier-III at a city/center by clubbing the candidates of nearby cities/centers. i) The candidates would be required to adhere to the instructions contained in admit card/call letter of Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III exams relating to entry/exit, conduct inside the venue, frisking, etc failing which their candidature would be canceled.
Checking Exam Results: On Official Website Only.
Important Links: IB Recruitment 2023
Finding and securing a government job in India can be a fulfilling and stable career choice. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you are well-equipped to navigate the government job landscape, from researching notifications to cracking the selection process. Stay focused, dedicated, and persistent in your efforts, and success will be within reach. Good luck in your government job pursuit!
I am a professional Blogger who is in a Government Job and serving the nation. On this website, I have been sharing information regarding government jobs, news, tech, general knowledge, etc. to help aspirants to get their dream govt job.